Are you looking for a competitor analysis tool to boost organic traffic?
If the answer is yes, then this blog is for you.
Esolz Technologies Pvt Ltd understands that competitor analysis and tools for performing it are a crucial, yet overlooked sphere of business. We know the process is not quite thrilling, but the results coming out of the process are of enormous value.
According to Sun Tzu, you are required to keep your friends close and your enemies closer. But, this war-time strategy still holds value for business and marketing alike.
Now, what are the tools that you need for boosting organic traffic to your website?
Let’s find out.
Top 10 Competitor Analysis Tools
Competitor analysis is a project that helps you in getting ahead of the curve at the expense of your competitors. You will be tracking several KPIs, beginning from the presence on social media walking you through brand awareness, and ends with SEO metrics like domain score and ranks of specific keywords.
Competition can help in making or breaking your brand. The more is your knowledge of the industry you are working in, the better will be your decision-making abilities. That is the reason why you are required to conduct extensive competitor research before getting into any marketing activities or product development.
We are presenting you with the top 10 competitor analysis tools that will help you to boost organic traffic on your website.
1. Brand24: The presence of a brand on social media helps in commanding the many aspects of a brand’s marketing activities. They are as follows:
- The kind of sentiment people have about a business on online media, its products, services, and many more.
- Share of voice in the industry.
- The number of times they are mentioned on online media.
- The reach of content on social media talking about a brand or business.
- The engagement your content provides while mentioning your brand.
- Most influential authors talking about businesses.
- Customer feedback.
In this context, Brand24 does a great job as an online competitor analysis tool.
It is an online media tool that monitors the tracking of web and social media mentions of predefined keywords, that are relevant to your rivals. Additionally, the tools provide extensive analytics for putting this data into perspective.
You can start using it for free and begin tracking rivals by the use of the following keywords:
- The name of the company.
- The name of the product.
- The name of the service.
- The hashtags the company uses on social media.
- Marketing campaign name.
- The name of the company’s CEO.
- Any industry-relevant keyword.
With the help of an online media monitoring tool like Brand24, you will be tracking the following:
- The conversation of the customers about the rival company’s on the social media platforms.
- The mentions of any influential sources about them.
- The number of negative and positive feedback from customers.
- The requests of their customers.
- The type of product pain points.
- Whether they mess things up or not?
- Their latest improvements on products.
- The number of times the company, product, or hashtag is getting mentioned on the Internet.
- The kind of reach on social media these mentions garner.
- The rate at which, or if at all, their new marketing campaign spreads.
- The sources mention them all the time.
- Whether or not they are getting loads of likes, comments, and shares?
This kind of insight provides the power of knowledge that you will be operating on for filling the market with things your rivals are oblivious about.
2. Similar Web: This is one of the best competitor analysis tools out there. Similar Web helps you in search traffic analysis and many more things in the paid version. With the help of Similar Web, you will be gaining the following competitive intelligence:
- Traffic Volume – for estimating the market share of your rivals in the field of website traffic.
- Traffic Source – for finding out the number of traffic acquired between paid ads, referrals, and organic traffic.
- Ad display – the type of ads and the place where they are being displayed.
For comparing your website’s performance against your rival’s, do the following:
- Enter the address of your website.
- Provide the address of your rival.
- Voila! You are now seeing the global rank, country rank, and category rank.
The free version also provides Traffic Overview and website traffic sources.
The professional version provides the following insights:
- Mobile apps.
3. SEMrush: Whenever you think about SEO tools, you think of SEMrush. SEMrush is just a great keyword tool that is used for competitor analysis, particularly for the Google search engine. Search engine optimization is a basic aspect of marketing efforts because the quality of the content on your website and the technical performance of the website help in determining the visibility of your website on Google’s SERPs. SEMrush will help you to boost organic traffic.
This is the best tool for screening the SEO performance of your rivals like:
- Organic keywords they are ranking for.
- Backlinks they are acquiring.
- New and lost keywords.
- External links to the website of your rivals.
- Upvotes and downvotes in rankings.
- Paid keywords.
- Best achieving websites.
- Keyword trends.
- Traffic sources.
It also helps in scaling your search engine performance. The best piece of data that you are getting from SEMrush is the top organic keywords for particular URLs. In the backlinks section, you will be taking a gander at all the websites that are linking to the website of your rival. And, SEMrush is available for free!
4. Siteliner: Siteliner is a formidable weapon and a name known in the competitor analysis tool industry. This tool provides a more technical insight into the performance of the website of your competitor. These technicalities will be impacting the ranking of a website.
With the help of Siteliner, you will be unearthing weaknesses in the performance of your rival’s website, for instance, broken links, both external and internal. Therefore, you will be linking to your rival’s broken links and take advantage of the situation. Just like we said, competitor analysis comes at the expense of your rivals. The free version of this tool helps in analyzing up to 250 pages per domain.
5. Rank Signals: This piece of work helps in analyzing the content marketing strategy of your rivals and helps in drawing actionable insights. With the help of Rank Signals, you will be tracking the backlinks of your competitors. This will provide you with an idea of sources that are linking to your competitor and boosting the ranking of the rivals on Google.
This tool provides you the title and URL, link anchor text, and URL. Additionally, you can use Rank Signals for free!
6. Spyfu: There is more to competition beyond organic traffic and online presence. One of the best ways of acquiring search engine traffic is using GoogleAds and purchasing exposure. Similarly for organic traffic, competition is according to keywords. In this case, however, you are paying for displaying your ad on top of the search results, or Position Zero in Google’s SERPs. Spyfu helps in gaining insight into paid traffic of your rivals.
This competitor analysis tool not only helps in boosting traffic but also lets you do the following:
- Identify threats.
- Track the changes in rivals’ ad spending.
- See the keywords you are purchasing and the keywords your rivals don’t.
- Watch suggestions for groups of keywords.
- Arrange keywords by cost-per-click for discovering quick wins.
- And a lot more!
7. BuzzSumo: BuzzSumo is a great competitor analysis tool for social media and content shares. It is a social media analytics tool that helps in handling influencer marketing, content marketing, and public relations. With the help of this tool, you will be unveiling how the social shares of your rivals are performing: the networks they are using, people who are sharing their content, and a comparison of your content against the rivals’.
With the help of BuzzSumo, you will be increasing your brand awareness and speed up the process of spread. Additionally, this tool also helps you in monitoring social media platforms; every time your rival is mentioned you will be getting an alert.
8. Alexa: Alexa helps in search engine optimization and competitive intelligence gauging. This tool includes the following modules:
- Keyword research.
- Competitive website analysis.
- SEO analysis.
- Target audience analysis.
The most helpful module is the Target Audience Analysis. You will be using it for discovering the audience of your rivals all the while making sense of the competitive scenario you are entering. This module provides a host of demographic data: customer persona, content strategy, paid traffic targeting, and so on. Alexa is also available for free.
9. Hootsuite: Hootsuite is one of the most revered and acknowledged tools for social media analytics in the market. It helps you in tracking the performance of business’ profiles on 35 social media platforms. Thirty-five! Yes, you heard it right.
With the help of Hootsuite, you will be precisely tracking the social media activities of your rivals. In this way, you will be gaining insights into how your rivals engage with their audiences, the type of content they are posting, whether they are running any contests, and the way their marketing campaigns are resonating with their audience. Hootsuite is available for 30 days for free!
10. Ahrefs: Ahrefs helps in offering a wide set of tools for helping you in searching traffic, researching your competitors, and monitoring your niche. Ahrefs has the following tools:
- Competitive analysis.
- Keyword research.
- Backlink research.
- Content research.
- Rank tracking.
- Web monitoring.
The Organic Research Report is the main competitive analysis tool and helps you in showing the exact keywords your rivals are ranking for in organic search results and the amount of traffic this is bringing them.
The Top Pages report helps in showing the pages that are sending the most traffic to their websites. The Content Gap feature helps in uncovering the keywords your rivals are going for that you don’t.
These tools are for the specific needs of businesses. Competitive analysis will help you in acquiring data about your rivals. That data will help your business in becoming an industry leader in various fields that include:
1. Search rankings.
2. Display ads.
3. Overall business strategy.
4. Market share.
5. And a lot more!
Competitive analysis is a crucial aspect of your marketing strategy. Therefore, if you want to become an industry leader, then contact us and learn more about the competitive analysis tool that we use to boost organic traffic on our website.