Web optimization forms a crucial part of website development and maintenance. The Optimization of a website is necessary for faster loading,increase in speed, lesser down time,and many more benefits.In our last blog, we have discussed about website optimization process and what are the probable areas of a website that can be optimized. Now in this blog,we would like to share with you how the website optimization process can be achieved.
In other words,the three basic aspects on which website optimization depends.The three aspects are – Server Side Optimization, Asset Optimization, and Platform Optimization.
If you haven’t done any optimization for your website or merely wondering whether it can help to improve the overall performance of your website, please take a look at the below mentioned points we have put down.
Server Side Optimization – Server side optimization can be accomplished through an aggregate effect of different procedures, which incorporate selecting the web host for facilitating all the assets separately. The processes are described below:
- Choosing The Web Host : Although web hosting has no direct link with website optimization, but it has been observed that is an important factor. Web hosting is the foundation for your website where its security, stability, accessibility (cPanel, FTP, SSH), costs and client bolsters all assume vital parts. You have to verify you are in great hands.
- Hosting Assets Separately : Assets mean web components like images, static scripts that do not require to be processed on the server side. Under this web graphics, images, Java Scripts, CSS can be included. These web components need to be hosted separately, in order to achieve stability of the server during heavy traffic.
- Compression with GZip : Whenever a FTTP request is made, the contents travel from server side to client side (vice versa). By compressing the content while sending them will reduce the request processing time.Using GZip is the best software to do it.
Asset Optimization – Assets needs to be also optimized, so that the website loads faster and keeps the visitors hooked onto the site.
- Customizing Header Expiry : Utilizing a customized expiry header, you can skip the pointless calling of assets for the page reload request by the client. It spares the transmission capacity and decreases the loading time of the web page.
- Handling Web Images : Images forms a vital part of your website. However, in the event that they are not appropriately optimized, it can be a problem,and wind up using capriciously vast measure of transfer speeds on everyday schedule.
Platform Optimization – In today’s web development industry, maximum websites use WordPress software for the development of the website. Sometimes, you might have noticed that your website is running slow. Well, then you need to know why it is so. It might be because it is not properly optimized. Some of the basic changes, if implemented, can speed up the performance of the site.
- Cache Your WordPress Blog : By caching the WordPress blog on your site can help your website to load faster, and even makes it responsive.
- Delete Unused Plugins : Sometimes, the unnecessary plug-ins of your blog can make the loading time slow. Hence, another way of WordPress optimization is by deleting or deactivating the unused plug-ins.
- Remove Unnecessary PHP Tags : The PHP tags can be easily replaced with text content, as they do not become a load on the server. So,removing the PHP tags which are no longer needed, can be quite helpful.
Make sure that your website is in good health, by following these simple web optimization steps. In no time, you will find out that your website is doing well for your business.